Friday, August 11, 2017

Ready, Set, RESET! Pt 2 (The one with all the outfits)

My precioussssss! Am I the only one who reacts like this to cheap, decently-made doll clothes? I hope not. Here are a few of the ones I have seen. (Somehow I didn't get an individual shot of that Cheetah Girls-looking dress. Oops?)


I like this blouse fabric. I'm not too sure about the dropped-shoulder with faux tank top look, but if your dolls want to scream "THE 80S ARE BACK AND THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!" then this may be your huckleberry.


I can't quite tell what's going on with the blouse of this set. It's tacked on the card at a weird angle, there are plastic staples keeping me from seeing what the shape of it is supposed to be, but it's got a neat print. And I think it's two pieces. Not bad for $1!


Do your dolls need a uniform for back to school storylines? This set may be just what you're looking for. The tacked-on collar and shirt tail aren't all that convincing on the card, but they'll probably look better on your dolls.


Ladies and gents, I present to you the "Mabel Pines" outfit. I actually bought this one, and can report that the sweater sleeves are only about 3/4 on a MTM Barbie. While the jeans look nice, they can and will sliiiiiide down the doll's backside if you seat her while in them.


Whoops, this one is out of focus, which is a real shame because I liked this top and pants combo. Great color combo and the pattern is nice! I may go back for it.


This winger jacket and skirt is very similar to a jacket I already have, so I skipped it for now. Still, it's nice to see some winter wear in here!


This cute athletic set is two pieces, a top and a skirt. And... heels?


Another coat, this one in a herringbone pattern that my grandma would have loved. (Seriously, I'm pretty sure the people-size version of this is in her closet) The blue fur *and* a flower feels just a bit over the top to me, but once again, it's really nice to see this variety!


I like this fabric, I like these colors, but I talked myself out of this cute as heck shorts and peasant top set. For now.


This is adorable. Look at that. A little overalls-dress and stripey top! Don't be fooled, though! It looks like two pieces but it's only one! Still it's cute as heck!


This set I went back and forth on several times before leaving behind. The little tassel tie is so cute! The eyelet material is so cute! The printed blue collar is so cute! But it's also kind of thin, and the more I look at it, the more I think "very cute maternity top". It's really baggy.


Another cute one piece dress, this time with a herringbone skirt and a cute (if square) blouse!


And then there's.. this thing. I don't even know what has happened, here. Okay, it's a one piece dress, but with a slit in the front of the skirt? And what's with that ruffle at the mid-chest level? I think I had a little top like that as a small child, but once again, that was the 80s. The early 80s. Some people still thought disco was coming back.


Believe it or not, this isn't all the outfits available! I'm not sure how long the case had been out, but I dug through and only saw a couple of repeats!

9 comments:

  1. It's hard to find repeats, isn't it? I think I dug through one box for twenty minutes and found exactly ONE duplicate. That bodes well for the variety that these dolls have in their wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story: I went back today and the fashion selection had been absolutely decimated! Apparently these things are red hot!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, that last outfit looks like something a lactating mom would like. Just flip up that ruffle and instant boob.

    I love Sparkle clothes! I don't doubt they were snatched up fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I didn't even think of that angle!

      Delete
  3. These are so much better than most of what Mattel's putting out these days. Wonder if I can get someone to import these...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I don't like about them is that since they're not made for "Barbie", they don't always fit the Barbie doll body.

      Delete
    2. And the actual dolls are so cheap there's no problem with buying them just for the outfits.

      The only problem with that is the way they're packaged you can't see their shoes, but sometimes you get lucky. I bought the one with the purple and green superhero outfit and her shoes were GOLD MOTORCYCLE BOOTS I LOVE IT!!!

      Delete
  4. I've never seen the clothes for sale over here; the dolls, yes, but never the clothes, and buying them online is insanely expensive! I'm also super envious of your clearance bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outfits the dolls have, I think, are sometimes made just a bit better than the single outfits. Of course, there's not nearly as much variety on the dressed dolls that we get here.

      Delete