Monday, July 17, 2017

Clearance Day, 2017 (pt 1 quickie)

It's that time again.

The local Walmart has done something different with the annual clearance purge this year. Instead of setting up a special area for all the old toys to go and be gradually discounted into oblivion, they just began marking them down where they sat on the shelves. Here's the result of my first foray into this year's clearance selections:

The two Barbie Fashionistas are actually re-purchases. I bought both for $5 each earlier in the week, only to go back and discover that they'd been marked down AGAIN to $2.50! Hooray for still having your receipt. I took back the more expensive ones and bought them again. The Made to Move doll wasn't discounted as steeply, only down to $11 when I bought her.

Wonder Woman there was $3. G2 Draculaura was also $3, and I have no real idea what I'm going to do with her. I decided her shoes were probably worth three bucks, though.



Wander is intrigued by the Disney Tsum Tsum blind bags I picked up, which were just $.50 each! I uh... may have gone a little nuts and went back for more in a quest for Angel. Sadly, this goal was unrealized, but the little figures are pretty cute for only half a buck each! I'll show you what I got (and the other couple of things I bought) next time! 

Why don't the "boys toys" ever get marked down like this?!

4 comments:

  1. And as far as I can tell, my Walmart hasn't marked down a thing yet. :( I'd be really tempted to pick up a Monster High doll at $3.

    I'm also tempted now to see what boys' toys Walmart might have on sale. I'd say mark downs don't happen as much in that section because toys there depend more on gimmicks than on new outfits. Unless a boy has his heart set on a specific gimmick, who cares if his new Captain America figure can throw his shield or has a super action punch? It's still the same basic look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first one I've bought in a long, long time. First post-reboot one as well. I'm not paying double-digit prices for unarticulated MH if I can help it at all.

      I guess that is true- boys' toys are much less seasonal than the girls section, too.

      Delete
  2. OMG, my Walmart still have that Wonder Woman for $19. I have been checking for months. *grumble grumble*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been price-stalking them as well and was stunned when they dove so sharply in price. The entire Wonder Woman movie line just ended up chucked off in another section for a while, and then BOOM! They wanted it GONE and the movie was still in theaters here!

      Delete