Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Reset is Coming!

The Clearance section at Walmart just turned into being half-full of toys! You know what that means, the annual pre-holiday Reset is coming up soon! Incidentally, I checked the car aisle, and we don't have any of the Cars blind bags at all here at Walmart. Only at Walgreens? And there's no sign of the promised wave 2 yet, there.

Anyway, last year's Monster High dolls are a strong presence on this aisle. Most are $5 or $6, with a few $7 here and there. I don't think I've ever seen so many MH dolls out on markdown at once. I did pick up an Electrified Twyla, who is actually pretty cute when redressed. I think I'll wait and see if prices go down more on the rest, though.


Another big presence on the aisle are the Wonder Woman movie dolls, which are also about half off. I'm kinda tempted by some of them, but haven't bought any yet. The movie is still showing at the local theater, so I'm pretty shocked that the entire doll inventory for the film is already marked down.


Speaking of film toys, I didn't get a photo but the figures for the Smurfs: The Lost Village movie were also out on this aisle. The two-packs of figures were $2.50 each, but I didn't notice what the larger sets were marked as.

7 comments:

  1. The Electrified Monster High dolls are worth your money. They don't come with a lot of stuff like the older dolls did, but their hair is fun to look at and play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I get back in the store before all this stuff is gone. Come on, pay day!

      Delete
  2. That is strange that the Wonder Woman dolls are already half off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I mean, the movie is still showing at the local theater and everything. It makes me wonder (ha) if they performed so poorly in sales that the stores are just tossing them. Heck, the freaking Smurfs movie merch is only just showing up on clearance, and that film's due on dvd any day now.

      Delete
  3. I've seen blog reports of the Wonder Woman doll in the blue dress being $5. I keep checking but that hasn't happened at my store yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda want that one too. My dolls don't have enough swords!

      Delete
    2. I may need her, I can't decide!

      Delete