Monday, June 19, 2017

Not bad for a day's shopping!

Thanks to you wonderful folks who clued me in on the codes for the cars 3 blind bags, I now have Lightning and Doc! Thanks to Walgreens and their current Cars 3 toys promo, I got them for the "Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off" deal! You can't beat that with a serpentine belt! Aw, they're so cute and tiny. Incidentally, I saw the movie and loved it to pieces.


I hadn't been to the local thrift store in a while, and sure enough, they had a few new things when I visited today. Ebay tells me that this is the "Barbie Pinktastic 2012 Glam Vacation House". I assumed that it was part of a bigger house, but apparently this is pretty much the whole thing, minus a few small doodads and a piece of countertop, and maybe a set of chairs. The fence seems to be from a different playset. I'll keep checking the shop in case the rest of it pops up. I found about half of a My Scene Madison's Party Pad house over the course of a few months awhile back. Maybe the rest of that will materialize, too.


In addition, I also found this decorative vanity/mirror and parts of yet ANOTHER house playset that appear to have been yanked out of whatever they started life in. All in all this Barbie stuff set me back a whopping $4. Eventually I may have enough parts to build my own Frankenstein Barbie dreamhouse. With two kitchens! And a fence!


Maybe I can just make it a duplex?

8 comments:

  1. TWO kitchens! The dinner parties will be EPIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But where will I find a table big enough?! D:

      Delete
  2. Duplex is good. Two kitchen is good for a main kitchen and an entertaining kitchen. Or a kitchen for the in-law suite. So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, an outdoor entertaining kitchen could be amazing! What an awesome idea!

      Delete
  3. You got some good deals there! I bought the Madison's Party Pad back in the day. I've since sold off the stuff I didn't want. I wish they made playsets like that now, although they'd probably cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd been into Barbie stuff when those sets and fashions were out! I look at the difference in quality from then to now and it's just SAD.

      Delete
  4. Duplex! Oh what shenanigans can be had in a duplex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wacky hijinx are incoming! Btw,check your Walmart! I just saw the spaghetti chef Barbie set on clearance for $13 at my local shop!

      Delete