Thursday, March 23, 2017

Found a Fountain!

I found something pretty cool at the thrift today- a nifty-looking desktop fountain! Seriously, look how cool that thing is! I've been wanting to turn the area around Phantom Rock into a fairy garden or even a doll-sized park, and come on! A cool abandoned fountain would be amazing for scene-setting! 

The PR area isn't really photo-ready at the moment, so I've got it here at the spot from the doll shoes post to try it out for "proof of concept". It's a little undersized, maybe, but it looks so gosh-darn cool! And for only $3!

It also makes it look smaller being down in that hole.
The bad news(?) is that the motor works! So now I'm a little reluctant to yank the motor out and leave it outside forever. It does look pretty nice when running, but sadly I don't have any exterior outlets so I can't show you a picture of it in action. 

What do you guys think? Cut the cord or no?


8 comments:

  1. What an awesome fountain! I would leave the motor in; it looks easy enough to move from outdoors to indoors, and you may want to have it running for some other scene you decide to set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be the consensus for now. I really wish I owned a crazy-long extension cord to make running it out in the garden a reality!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful fountain! I can't believe it's miniature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty neat, huh? The paint on it is really nicely done. It looks great in pictures!

      Delete
  3. I think that's a mini replica of a real fountain from somewhere. It looks really familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I didn't find the exact same thing anywhere but there's about a million variations on the same theme on Google.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! I would leave the motor in, too. You can always bring an extension cord or a portable battery if the mood strikes, but once you take the motor out it stays broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point. I did take a few pics with water in it, and it really does look nice with the water flowing.

      Delete