Sunday, January 15, 2017

Clearance at Walmart

The post-holiday clearance is on at Walmart, and there are quite a few surprisingly old things popping up from the uncharted depts of the back room. Here are just a few of the doll offerings being displayed.

There were a couple of other "The Barbie Look" dolls, I think from the same Red Carpet line. 2015 Birthday Wishes Barbie is available in abundance, as is Ballet Wishes Barbie. Barbie does a lot of wishing. These dolls are probably wishing someone would take them home.

I'm not sure how long ago this Life in the Dreamhouse playset is from, but I'm going to guess 2015 on it, too. Does anyone else wonder if Babs puts her name and likeness all over everything because she suffers from short-term memory loss like Dory and constantly needs to be reminded of who she is?

This Ken set is actually only $13.00, which is a real bargain for three outfits and pairs of shoes. If I just had a need for them... Barbie barging into the "changing room" setting on this set has always bothered me. For one thing, it's kinda rude. For another, it looks like she doesn't trust him to dress himself. And yet, she's insisting on the touristy outfit? Barbie, you're supposed to be a model, darn it!

Check it out! The same Inner Monster fashion packs you can get for a buck at Dollar Tree! Now just $7.97! They also had the "sweet" themed one.

Poor Sadness apparently wasn't hugely popular with kids, I guess. The sitting doll is making the same face that I make when I lose *my* glasses.

I'm really astonished that these Girl Scout plush dolls are still here, let alone just $2.00! Secret Door Barbie's friend looks baffled by it, too. I did pick up one of those Movie Director Barbies (again, 2015) since she was just $5. I like her outfit (even with the pink), and her face is very pleasant.

Disney's live action Cinderella dolls were also available. You could choose from "For Some Reason Her Theme is Butterflies" Cindy, Wedding Cindy, Lady Tremaine and the Fairy Godmother, just $25.00 each.
I do like how the Fairy Godmother's hairstyle reminds me of Charlotte from Princess and the Frog, but none of these dolls are all my "must have" list. Not yet, at least. We'll see how long they last and how low the prices go.

The Prettie Girls Tween Scene dolls are also on sale for just $11 each. I'm thinking of grabbing a couple of them just because, if they get any cheaper.

8 comments:

  1. I'm gonna guess the butterflies is a whole "transformation" thing. I don't know, I think robotic cars would have been a better direction.

    Did you see the live action Cinderella, btw? The godmother was Helena Bonham Carter (iirc) and the prince's name was Kit. KIT for gods sake. That only works as a name if there are two t's or you're a windsurfing bear cub. Definitely not something you name a freaking prince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great. Now I have Prince Kitt in my head.

      Delete
  2. Barbie puts her name all over stuff just to remind her younger sisters who the top doll is. Also funny to include chairs in a set with a doll that can't bend her knees. I don't the Chelsea dolls can bend their knees either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That could be it! Babs knows that if the younger sisters banded together, they could take her down! I'm pretty sure none of the little sister dolls have had knee articulation for a while, other than the odd bicycle-themed set.

      Delete
  3. Wow, your clearance section has some extensive doll selection! My local Walmart usually only has one or two toys at a time, so I'm envious of all of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised to see so many out this time of year, honestly. Usually you might see a lonely Nick Jr./Disney Jr. doll or two, but this many Barbies is definitely a shocker.

      Delete
  4. Walmart always has the worst clearance prices. To me a clearance starts at %50 off. I once found a Liv set from like the frickin' 1800's and Walmart still only had it at $2.00 off original price. I bought it though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I remember finding original Liv Hayden for about $2 off a good year after the stores quit carrying the line. I still regret putting her back.

      Delete