Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Summer Sales

Summer's not over yet, cool cats! Wander was not quite up for a film noir style portrait in hipster glasses. So sad. At any rate, here's some of what I've been finding in my summertime roamings!

Fairy garden items from Big Lots. I was a little tempted by a few of these items, with the Walking Dead dollhouse in mind. Buuuuut since there's no "outside" to make a little garden in, most of the ideas I had were kind of pointless. The majority of this stuff was either overpriced or looked poorly made, anyway. I still need to repaint the house.

A Prettie Girls doll was one of the finds at Tuesday Morning. I'd never seen these, other than the ones they well at Walmart. The price was certainly right. I need another collection like I need a hole in my head though. So Valencia stayed behind for some other lucky person to find.

Groovy Gals outfits were out in abundance, although I don't actually remember seeing any of the dolls.

Spectra from the Haunted Monster High line, with her weirdly old facemold. I had actually never seen this doll in person before. Creepy. Possibly in the good way. 

The only find at TM that came home with me, however, was this fella. Isul Milk Tea! He's already lost the frilly outfit and has been hanging out with Eileen and Louise.


The Spring Store at Hobby Lobby is on clearance, so time is running out for nifty like the 18" doll scaled lawn chair below.

This one was left over because someone broke it, sadly. 

Here's something you may or may not know about me: I grew up loving the old Danger Mouse cartoon in the 80s. I've been delighted with the reboot, and finding DM himself at Toys R Us was a no-brainer of a purchase for me. He was a little pricey at $10, but there was no way I could leave him behind. (more on him later!)

Finally, here's the finds that I picked up at Target. The Moxie Girlz stuff is a little big for Eileen and Louise, and the Bratz pieces are (sadly) a little small. The pink Doc Martens though? They're perfect. The prices aren't bad, either!

6 comments:

  1. If you have a Micheal's near you, they some fairy garden stuff nicer than the Big Lots stuff. That still doesn't actually get you a garden, though. :)

    All the sale doll stuff is pretty much cleaned out at my Target. I might have considered buying that Prettie Girl doll just for the clothes, at that price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have one close to me, but I did see some of the stuff you mentioned during my last visit to one. The Big Lots stuff was pretty terrible, for sure.

      I wish I could catch Target when they're really being aggressive with clearance, but since I don't live near one of those either, I have to take what I can find, lol. (Really second-guessing my decision not to grab the Prettie Girl now)

      Delete
  2. Isul is gorgeous! What are you doing with the outfit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, honestly I don't know. I don't have any use for it, other than the shoes. If you'd be interested in it, let me know! I'd be willing to let it go for just about any offer that included shipping!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete