Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Walmart Reset of 2016 continues

Hasbro Princesses have landed! I was intrigued by the fact that there were horses available to purchase. Aw, look at that little Pascal!

Maximus here obviously shares a mold with the strange as heck Cinderella horse below, who is blueish like the mice-turned-horses in the movie but has streaks in his (her?) hair that just make me think that this is an equine Abbey Bominable from Monster High.

Interestingly, the horse on the packaging doesn't resemble the toy in the box OR Cinderella's old stallion Major from the movie. Major was a grey color, but his mane and tail were about the same shade as his coat. Maybe Cindy's prince bought her a new horse?

This will give you a vague idea of the size comparison (maybe). I bought this Elsa but haven't talked myself into opening her up yet.

Ever After High's weird as heck Littlest Pet Shop wannabe dragons were also out.

As were the genie-inspired Descendants dolls. 

The Equestria Girls minis are (for the most part) just a little cheaper here than they were at Target. Pinkie-Pie's bedroom set still rings up at $20, though. (I still want that rubber chicken!)

I guess eventually I'll have to play this Tsum Tsum game, just to see what all the merchandised hubbub is about. The stuff has spilled out of the Disney store, past Target, and now it's creeped into Walmart.


These blind bag things are sort of interesting, though.
Rapunzel's still chilling out on this tiny chaise lounge I found at the thrift, waiting on a chance to show off her new Made To Move body. Sorry Punzie, next time, maybe?

10 comments:

  1. Your Walmart is way, way ahead of mine! I get to see vast gaps of emptiness between sparsely filled shelves.

    Cinderella's horse definitely needs to meet Abby Bominable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our store is actually a little ahead of where they were in updating last year. I'm not sure what's come over them that they're getting busy this early (but I like it!)

      Delete
  2. I love Tsum Tsums, but have only gone so far as to buy one each for my two daughters for Easter. Those blind bags look interesting. I don't often go to our local Walmart, but to check out new toys, I might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like the little fuzzy ones, but I've resisted so far on the grounds that they're clearly cat toys and Finn and Wandy would doubtless know it. XD

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, everything seems to have blind bags these day, doesn't it? XD

      Delete
  4. We got everything except the Disney horses and the Tsum toys here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still getting more stuff in. The clearance hasn't gone Clearance Day nuclear yet, but they have started marking stuff down. Those GIANT barely posable MH dolls from Christmas are gone after they marked them down to $25 each. Ebay is probably experiencing a huge influx of them as we speak.

      Delete
  5. You won the giveaway at my blog! Mainly because you were the only person to enter. :D Send me your address, at: my name as shown above, period between each word, at gee mail dot com. Stop by my blog if you are having problems with the email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaat? I never win anything! XD Awesome, thanks!

      Delete