Saturday, January 30, 2016

Liebster Award 2016!

I thought I posted this already?!

Barb the Evil Genius at My Little Doll Corner presented me with the Liebster Award? Thanks!



The rules for award participation are as follows:

RULES:

  1. Thank the person who presented you the award and link back to their blog
  2. Post the award image on your blog. 
  3. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter. 
  4. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 200 followers. 
  5. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer. 
  6. List these rules in your post. Inform the people you chose of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog and link them your post.

1. What was the first doll or figure that started your collection?





When The Hunchback of Notre Dame came out, I bought my first doll since childhood, Esmeralda.
Esmeralda was the first doll I'd owned that had an entirely hard plastic body with joints, something which I didn't know was even a thing until I opened the box. I was just astonished at how you could pose her. She hung out around the house until a college classmate's daughter took a shine to her on a visit, and I sent Es to live with her. Several (SEVERAL) years later, I bought another doll which really started up collecting in a serious way, original Monster High Draculaura.

2. Is there a retired doll or doll line that you'd like to bring back?



This is sort of a hard question, because I see discontinued toys that I'd have really loved to collect all the time on other blogs. To name a few: Catwalk Kitties, Juku Couture, and the insanely nice Fashion Avenue Barbie clothes.

3. Have you ever acquired a grail doll?
I guess I sort of have... My Taeyang Willie Wonka and my Dal Tina (Kitty) are dolls I really wanted and agonized over spending the money on, but I ultimately did purchase both. I don't know if they're really "grail dolls", considering that they were never so insanely expensive or hard to find that it was a crazy dream to find/get them.

4. What are you looking forward to in 2016?

I'm really looking forward to more of the Made To Move Barbies this year!

5. Do you have a favorite doll line or manufacturer?
 Currently? Possibly Mattel. Maybe. We have a complicated relationship at the moment.

6. Any doll lines that you've moved on from?
The more of the budgety-looking, low-articulation Monster High dolls I see, the more I feel that passion dying. 

7. Do you have an idea what dolls you would like to acquire this year?
Definitely more of the Made To Move dolls. I got one to put Rapunzel on and I'm really liking them with only a few things I'm disappointed in. 

8. What would your dream doll accessory be? I'm talking things like furniture or a car or a set of dishes.
A really nice display cabinet (with doors I can lock) that looks like/doubles as a house!

9. If you were to write a paper on an era of doll history, which era would you pick?
I think it would be interesting to do one on the modern era, and compare and contrast the different ways manufacturers are trying to appeal to consumers. (Case in point: holy smokes, Barbie with different body types!?)

10. Do you do any creative activities related to your doll collection?
I.... guess this blog counts? I occasionally sew a bit. I like the idea of altering patterns, but I'm not good at it.

11. How do dolls fit into your everyday life?
 I display several of my favorites in my room and a few choice (cat-inaccessible) spots around the house. I like setting up dioramas for them, but they typically can't get very elaborate since there's not a lot of free space in the house and I have to be able to put them away to keep the cats out of them. I sometimes take one or two on a little adventure in my bag.

Here's my questions:
1. Do you prefer buying or making items for your dolls?
2. What's the biggest regret and the biggest victory you have in collecting?
3. What's your "dream" doll/toy adventure?
4. Is there a property you wish had dolls/toys that doesn't currently?
5. What's the craziest/furthest length you've gone to for the sake of your collection?


I nominate (ignore if you got double-nominated in the ridiculous space of time I took filling this out):
1. Muff at Hey It's Muff
2. My Little Megara at In a World of My Own
3. Purr, who has no blog but comments a lot.
4. Grandmommy at Big and Little Creations
5. Smaller Places

8 comments:

  1. Ahh, Fashion Avenue clothes. Maybe Mattel will produce something similar for the plethora of new bodies that are coming out? Or maybe I'm just dreaming. :)

    I would love to get some display cabinets too. It would be neat if they looked like actually looked a house.

    I'm sorry that you're finding the Monster High line more and more disappointing. A lot of big changes Mattel is making right now, aren't they?

    I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry they took so long!

      Oh man, imagine the dioramas you could make with a house/cabinet! They'd be AMAZING!

      Yeah, Mattel is definitely shaking things up. Some stuff I love, and some stuff I'm scratching my head over, for sure!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm an unofficial nominee!

    1: I prefer the IDEA of making items, but the reality is I get bored/distracted/disillusioned easily, so irl I end up buying items and maybe just repainting/altering them.

    2: The biggest regret is always not being able to find a particular doll after waiting for it to go on clearance. On the other hand, I also have a lot of dolls I HAVE bought that are still in the box. On the other other hand, where I live is not a safe environment for dolls to be roaming around loose either.
    The biggest victory will be finally being satisfied with my custom projects, if that ever happens.

    3: MOBIUS LEGACY!!!!

    4: I would LOVE some Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder stuff right now.

    5: Probably that time we went to that con and I dropped nearly 200 bucks in half an hour. Still haven't entirely recovered from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that when I got you to get that Vash Figuarts or Figma or whatever it was? At least it's gone up in value!

      Delete
  3. That reminds me I still haven't posted my answers. Looks like there will be plenty of chances, though! :)

    ReplyDelete