Sunday, October 18, 2015

Phantom is a doll

I decided not too long after losing Phantom that I wanted to make something memorializing her. It's not done, by any means, more a work in slow, slow progress, but after being hit with inspiration online one night I managed to get a black and white Catwalk Kitties doll head. My Monster High Catty Noir has been languishing in the storage bin for... Well, let's just call it a very, very long time.

It was a pretty simple matchup to make. I'm pretty sure I'll rehair her with some nicer hair, and maybe get/make a custom outfit for her that better reflects her "tuxedo cat in an ill-fitting tuxedo" look, but for the moment, this is how she looks. 13 Wishes Abbey's wispy, dreamy dress looks rather ghostly on her, which I can't decide if I like or not.

Just for fun, or something resembling it, I threw EAH Cupid's wings on her. This just made me weirdly sad. Maybe the more stylized Thronecoming wings would be better?

4 comments:

  1. Awww, that's equal parts adorable and tragic.

    I don't know, are the thronecoming wings bigger? I think bigger would look better, although the heart shape these make is kinda nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I had totally forgot about Thronecoming Cupid's wings! They are bigger (and whiter, irrc), and they also make a stylized heart. I'll have to FIND them, though. Idk if I like wings on her (the 13W dress is pretty ghostly which I'm not sure I'm a fan of), but couldn't hurt to try them out.

      Delete
  2. Seconding Purr's first statement. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a bittersweet thing to look at her.

      Delete