Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hera. Is. DONE.


 At least, she's as done as this version of her is going to get, I think. Call her Hera 1.0! One of these days, I'll have to make a C1-1OP to hang out with her, but for now she's made friends with my 1/6 R2D2.


As you can see, there are a lot of things I didn't quite finish (her boots, for one), but over all, I think this version of her is as complete as it's going to get. I'll need to redo her flight suit for any future additions, so this is as good a stopping point for the time being as any.


Her eyes came out a bit too dark and a bit too green, but I'm glad I was able to keep most of the original faceup. I redid her headset by making the earphones from air dry clay. Why such a simple solution wasn't the first thing I thought of...? I have no idea. I'm blaming the dark side of the Force for clouding my mind. Also, I'm not very smart sometimes, so there's that.



I'm probably going to revisit this project in the future, and redo Hera. Make her outfit more accurate, do a better job on her details, and so on. But for the moment, I'm pretty happy with how she's come out. She's managed to exceed my expectations in the sense that I really thought I'd start this and quit by now in a fit of frustration. I didn't expect to get this far with her. So, in time for the S2 premiere this month, here she is!

Now... If Disney would just kindly start making more Hera merchandise...!

(This page has been updated on 2018.09.09 with relinked pictures! Thanks for nothing, Photobucket!)

10 comments:

  1. I have not started watching the new CN series (due to no CN access), but I am amazed at how good a Monster High looks as a T'wilek! Wow! I think I need to give my monsters less form-fitting clothes - the heads look less outrageously huge when the doll has actual clothes to give her some bulk.

    Your customization work is amazing, and I love the armored part of her outfit and those gloves - your stitches are very neat and I know that sort of fabric if rough to work with at a smaller scale. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I highly recommend Rebels! There are a few places online you can catch it, if you don't have DisneyXD. (I think they were hosting eps on the website for a while).

      It's amazing how different she looks just with the bulky clothing, isn't it? Thanks so much for the compliments. The leather was definitely challenging to sew with. (Especially for a novice like me, lol!)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I tweeted a pic at the official Star Wars account, I'll flip if they acknowledge her!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! She came out much better than I dared hope!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic! Very impressed with your final product.

    ReplyDelete