Monday, August 31, 2015

Tag, I'm it!

MyLittleMegara from In A World of My Own has tagged me!  (Onoes!) Ha ha, seriously though thanks for your consideration!


Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award. 
5. Invent 11 questions for your nominees.

My facts:


  1. Though I sure seem to post a lot of dolls and doll-related things, dolls are a pretty new thing for me to be into. How new? Not long before I started posting this blog! 
  2. As previously discussed in one of my posts, I adore the pokemon Victini, and have a decent-size collection of merchandise featuring him. 
  3. I see nearly every new Disney animated film that comes out in theaters. Currently, the only features I can think of that I haven't seen are Dinosaur, The Wild, and a couple of the newer Winnie the Pooh based films. 
  4. I make up silly songs to sing to my cats, usually with their names and observations about what they're doing, to the tune of popular music. 
  5. For what it's worth, I like Teen Titans Go. 
  6. My favorite wild animal is the red panda. My favorite domestic animal is the cat. 
  7. I don't have a favorite food. 
  8. I used to draw a lot and make art that I posted on my dA account. My 'drive' for this has diminished profoundly over the past decade.  I feel like there's something wrong with me sometimes because of this.
  9. I prefer SciFi to Fantasy.
  10. I will change topics multiple times in a 'stream of consciousness rant' when conversing irl, and sometimes it's hard for even me to keep track of what I was originally talking about and why. (Oops)

MyLittleMegara's questions:

1. Sweater weather or summer heat?

Give me cold weather, I can't take the heat!

2. What is your hidden talent that very few people know about?

Self-induced anxiety! Primarily of the social kind!

3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I'd like to see the Titanic before it completely rusts away. I still remember the hoopla surrounding its' discovery and have always been fascinated by it.

4. What is your favorite blog to read (other than your own, of course)?

If I had to choose one, I'd say... Toy Box Philosopher, I think.

5. What is your most prized possession?

A ring my mother promised me when I was a kid. I keep it locked up.

6. If you could be any Disney character, who would you want to be and why?

I'd be Stitch or Chaos. Because chaos. And nigh-invulnerability.

7. What do you do to make yourself feel better after a sad day?

Watch something funny to get my mind off it.

8. Do you tend to cry during movies and/ or books?

I will bawl hysterically with the right prompting. The beginning of Up absolutely wrecked me.

9. Where do lost things go?

Lost things fall through the weaker bonds that separate our dimension from neighboring ones. Sometimes they'll shift back (sometimes moments after you JUST looked in that drawer for that thing you just found), but more typically they're lost forever, falling and falling through the temporal cloth until the friction wears them down to nothing. THAT is why things you lost for a long time tend to look more beat-up and ratty than you remember them being. Temporal friction.

10. What is your Hogwarts house?

I honestly forget what the difference is between them, other than everybody wants to be in Griffindor.

11. What is your favorite color?

Basic black. Versatile, matches everything, but it also attracts every stray piece of lint and cat hair in the room. 

Alright, so let's see... I'm gonna nominate a bunch of you guys who I post stalk and who've been kind enough to comment on my little waste of space, here. (I'm guessing no tag-backs?) So here we go:
  1. Muff 
  2. Smaller Places
  3. DorrieBelle
  4. RagingMoon1987 
  5. BlackKitty
  6. Queen (can't find a link for you! Sorry!)
  7. The Grandmommy
  8.  jSarie 
  9. Dollz4Moi
  10. Barb the Evil Genius
  11. Purr (yes, you count)
 Here are my questions for you fantastic people:

  1. What kinds of toys got you into collecting and customizing? 
  2. What's the coolest way you've repurposed something to work on/with one of your projects? 
  3. Sonic or Mario? 
  4. What do you do to find inspiration? 
  5. What time period would you most like to live in, other than the modern one? 
  6. When has a project just made you give up? Why?
  7. What's the most versatile tool in your arsenal? 
  8. When has a project surpassed your wildest expectations? How?
  9. What's your all-time favorite movie?
  10. What's a skill you want to learn someday? 
  11. If you could live in a fictional universe, which one would you pick?

    Annnnnnd... GO!


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me... I'm thinkin', I'm thinkin...

    Love your theory of where lost things go. It seems to account for all relevant variables.

    My cat shares your cat's taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your cat songs! I used to do that with my dog. Maybe that's just a pet owner thingy.

    Every time something disappears I attribute it to Time Bandits - fey people who like to take small items, use them and then return them when you aren't looking. I think there was a movie about Time Bandits actually.

    Thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the cool pet owners sing songs!

      Time Bandits?! I never even considered such a nefarious possibility!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I also love the Titanic, isn't that funny? I find the story behind it incredibly fascinating. I have never seen the movie with young Leo, but I have read several fabulous books on the subject and when I was in fifth grade I tried to convince my teacher to let us do a project on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, the actual story of the Titanic has everything, imo. I mean, the movie was okay, but having totally fictional characters wading around in a story that was already so rich in real human romance, heartbreak and drama just... meh. I'd have loved a story centered on Ida and Isidor Straus, myself.

      I did love getting to "see" the inside of the ship as it was meant to be seen, though. I remember my dad getting that issue of National Geographic that had the first photos taken of the ship since its sinking, and just being blown away by the whole thing.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I wanted to clarify that I was a fan of the HISTORY, because I feel like if one doesn't, people will assume they mean the movie. Sad but true. I agree, the story stands alone so well that all it needs is a vivid true telling. I think I saw that Nat. Geo. article... it was such a beautiful ship, and you can see why people thought it was unsinkable. It must have seemed so unbelievable to them! I went to a museum a few years ago where they had an incredible Titanic exhibit. I learned so much there and the whole thing really came to life for me.

      Delete
    3. Oh wow, I'd love to go visit one of the museum exhibits! I just never seem to find out about ones close(ish) to me until they're packed up and gone. :(

      Delete
    4. I hope you get to one eventually!! :D

      Delete
  4. did you mean me? my blog is : http://queenofthedolls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. But.. but... I don't have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purr's facts:

      1. I frequently hallucinate. The most recent thing I saw that wasn't actually there was a small gray kitten crawling up the carpet-covered wall in the theater where I work.At least I think he wasn't there. It's hard to tell with cats.

      2.I have a very bad habit of collecting materials for projects that I then never finish. My room is LITERALLY FILLED with boxes of random stuff.

      3.I'm prone to sudden, hard obsessions. Then I will completely forget about them about 3 months later.

      4.I talk to myself CONSTANTLY and will run conversations on a loop in my head for half the day. Pretty sure I'm OCD.

      5.I have broken at least one of EVERY piece of equipment where I work. Like, I killed 4 vacuum cleaners.

      6.I am a sucker for the "denial couple". If there's a show with two people that are MEANT to be a couple and are oblivious to that fact I will watch the hell out of it till they hook up. Then I don't care anymore. I'm also very good at picking out ships that eventually do come to pass.

      7. I used to be really good at identifying voice actors.Now I think I've forgotten half their names.

      8. Facebook has ruined quite a few fandoms for me.

      9. I am allergic to sunlight. Literally allergic. I can't stay outside on a bright day for more than thirty minutes without SPF 100 or I explode into swollen blisters.

      10. My dreams feature a lot of weird body horror. I think it's related to a fear of getting old and fragile and breakable.


      Presto's Questions:
      What kinds of toys got you into collecting and customizing?
      The CAM packs from the MH line. Otherwise I'd be too lazy.

      What's the coolest way you've repurposed something to work on/with one of your projects?
      Mmmm... I can't think of anything I've really REPURPOSED.

      Sonic or Mario?
      Sonic, duh. What am I gonna do with an Italian plumber?

      What do you do to find inspiration?
      Play Sims. I am not kidding; I make Sims of my characters, then anything that happens in the game I work into my story.

      What time period would you most like to live in, other than the modern one?
      The future. The past doesn't have cable.

      When has a project just made you give up? Why?
      I give up on projects all the time. Mostly because I get bored or distracted and forget about them.

      What's the most versatile tool in your arsenal?
      Um... I have a pocket knife I sometimes use as a screwdriver...?

      When has a project surpassed your wildest expectations? How?
      The Chaos Ark came out WAY cooler than I thought it would. It's a little worrisome, really.

      What's your all-time favorite movie?
      I don't really have an ALL-TIME favorite movie. I'll have a favorite movie for about 6 months, watch it every time it comes on, then something else becomes the new favorite for a while.

      What's a skill you want to learn someday?
      How to make my hand draw what my brain sees. That would be great.

      If you could live in a fictional universe, which one would you pick?
      Oh hell, just one? Hm... either Toontown, Mobius, Discworld or the Guide.

      Delete