Saturday, July 25, 2015

Yeolume!

Well, it happened. I ended up bringing home Yeolume from Tuesday Morning! I've looked at this cute lil' gal in the past, but wasn't impressed by the body she was equipped with, even for $40.

Aha, but with a discount sticker that effectively made her $25, NOW I was interested!

Here she is out of the box, with all her little accessories. I find it funny that her tote bag has a picture of a dressy purse on it. Her headband, no matter what I tried, would not sit nicely in her silky hair.

Her tiny, TINY little heels barely stay on her feet with those socks.

And her feet themselves are not impressive. Little nubby things.

Her clothing is well-made and her school jacket is fully lined.

So, about that body.. She has six points of basic articulation. Unlike the larger Pullip doll (her future mother, according to the box?!), Yeolume cannot wink or blink her eyes. She can look left and right thanks to a lever on the back of her head, however.


You can bend her knees thanks to the internal wire. Her arms... I don't think they're supposed to bend, but I gave it a go after getting her head off.

That's as far as brute force could move her right arm. This body is just terrible.

I had a spare Ever After High body, but the neck post wasn't right. And Hayden's the palest of the Liv dolls I have floating around. Neither of these would work.

Some of you guys may remember the Serial Experiments Lain "action doll" I got from eBay awhile back. I had a Stardoll head on the body for awhile, but Stardoll's face was way too mature. With a few rubber bands to thicken the neck post, Yeolume looks pretty good on there! The head is much paler than the body, but until I can find something better (and sturdier, the Lain body is not up to supporting this heavy head!), this is where she's staying for now.


 I wonder what my mother would say about the fact that she used to have this same hairstyle (nearly)? Yeolume's dress and jacket are from a Vi and Va fashion pack.

Yeolume has made friends with my Taeyang Willy Wonka. He even let her borrow his hat! If Yeolume is Pullip's future daughter, does that mean Taeyang is her future dad?

Yeolume: HI DAD!
Will: Hi th- Wait, WHAT?!

11 comments:

  1. Do you think a small Obitsu body might work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Obitsu bodies are used for Pullip a lot, but I don't know enough about them to know if Yeolume would fit well. It may be time for some research!

      Delete
  2. She's much cuter than I thought she would be based on the first pic in the box! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! She's got a lot more personality once you free her from that plastic prison.

      Delete
  3. Great find at a nice price!

    Good luck with finding a final body for her - I'd second RagingMoon's Obitsu suggestion, but I'm sure there are loads of other options out there, so I'll be curious to see what you end up going with! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll need all the suggestions I can get. I'm not all that familiar with the Pullip-style dolls, myself.

      Delete
  4. I'm finding it hard to believe Willy would be ANYONE'S father, what with the gloves and the hermitism and so on. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His shocked expression really sells this, imo.

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous. I want her so bad but it's hard to get for a decent price way out here in the Pacific. Your blog always cracks me up btw. Great hybrid styles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was amazed at how affordable she was, too.

      Delete
  6. Do you know if it's possible to fit Yeolume's head on a Dal body?
    Is her hair rooted or does she come with a wig?

    ReplyDelete