Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Choco Treasure

Ever heard of Choco Treasure? I picked one of these up on my last Hastings stop. They seem like the Nestlé Wonder Ball that enjoyed a short life here in the states. Back home I still have some of the tiny figures I got from the first, vastly superior incarnation of the idea, the Magic Ball, before the idea of little kids choking on the miniature toys sent the toys packing in favor of stickers, and then ultimately little gross candies.

Anyway.. Choco Treasure.


Apparently I failed to photograph the box. At any rate, it showed several different possible prizes relating to the characters from Penguins of Madagascar movie. Punch out paper figures, plastic figures, stickers, and several similar items. 

I mean, none of them great, but still, it's cool to see Wonder Ball/Kinder Egg type candy again. I thought these types of things were still banned in the states?

The egg is clearly divided into two chocolate-like hemispheres, they were okay. Nothing great.

The capsule inside has this funky lip around it.. I guess to firmly dissuade children from trying to swallow it.

So what prize was inside?

Dang it. Stickers?! You win this round, Choco Treasure. Guess I won't be choking on any tiny penguins today.

12 comments:

  1. The stickers are cute on the bright side. I loved the kinder eggs... They were so yummy and the surprises were doll sized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish we could get Kinder eggs here! The toys from them that I've seen are pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. I still can't believe Kinder Surprise eggs, of all things, are banned there. It reminds me of a joke:
    Two policemen talking (policemen are the stereotypical idiots in jokes):
    "Did you like your Kinder egg?"
    "The chocolate was alright, but the pill was kinda hard to swallow"

    It's a shame, there have been nice things inside over the years. My favourites are some dinosaur skeletons my friend found and gave me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's just ridiculous that we can't have nice things.

      Delete
  3. I've eaten a crap ton of candy in my day and I've never seen anything like it. So the plastic is coated with a thin candy shell? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you'd say there's a chocolate 'layer' that kind of fits around the egg, rather than coating it. The actual Kinder Surprise eggs have a capsule in the middle of them that contains the toy. (The chocolate on those is better, too)

      Delete
  4. That chocolate looks almost as plastic as the plastic does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got one at 5 Below with a miniature wolf character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to get another next time I see them!

      Delete
  6. Stickers? And with such a huge capsule? That's no fun!

    Still, seeing it gave me enough of a nostalgia blast that it makes me want to dig out my box of old KinderSurprise toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, getting stickers was a huge disappointment! I wish we could get proper Kinder eggs here.

      Delete