Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hera Syndulla: another mini update

After a whole day of freaking out, I finally found where I'd misplaced Robecca Steam's goggles! However, I'd forgotten that the left lens had this weird faceted thing going on. Could that be sanded off without ruining them? What do you guys think? Are Robecca's goggles worth modifying? Here's a reference pic for how the character looks, again:


Edit: Now with less potato-like pictures...



Or should I call it good enough with these Bratzillaz ones? (But they're HUUUUGE!)




Oh yeah - and I finished her flight cap! I should have held off until I had more white thread, though. This pic is still potato-like, sorry about that. Oh well.


Bonus pic: Hera's been getting awfully friendly with Hunter...

(This post updated 2017.09.09 with relinked pictures. Thanks for nothing, Photobucket!)

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I think they are worth the mod because they look so much more in character than the Bratz version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right about them being more in character, even if they have that faceted pattern.

      Delete
  2. I'm gonna agree with Muff. The Bratz goggles don't look like REAL goggles. They look like some girl's steampunk cosplay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they *did* come with the steampunk Bratzilla doll. *g*

      Delete
  3. Looks great!!!! first pair of goggles looks real great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I added some paint to them and it really helped, too!

      Delete