Just a quick update on how Hera is coming along. I've stitched up her sleeves, designed and sewed the leather upper part of her jumpsuit (genuine leather!), and installed snaps on the clothing. Badly, but they're there. I also took off a bit of her factory faceup, which I'll be salvaging a bit of when I repaint her. Her shoes have still not arrived yet, so she's wearing some borrowed ones for now. Here she is so far!
So I guess the next step is the detail work on her outfit, since I'm putting off the gloves, lekku and her headpiece until last. I think some large pearl buttons may end up being used for her ear covers. One thing I have goofed up on is that I managed to put the snaps for her blouse almost right underneath the snaps for the flight suit. In fact, the smarter thing to have done on the blouse would have been to make it a sleeved body suit. It has a tendency to try and ride up a bit when you put her suit on.
Well, that's a note for the inevitable version 2, I guess. I'm not so sure that it wouldn't have been smarter to make the blouse and suit all one piece, for that matter. I wanted the ability to use the blouse on its own as a separate, but the layering of fasteners has definitely made me wonder if that was such a good idea. Hera's a bit thicker looking than the average Monster High doll because of all the layers in her clothing, but I think I kind of like that. For now, at least.