Monday, November 24, 2014

Toy sightings update!

Interesting sightings that have been accumulating on my phone. 


Yes, even Walking Dead has knockoff Legos now. I was sorely tempted by these, even though the scene was very simple. Breaking point? No Carol. We cannot have Daryl without Carol, AMC merchandizing!

They also had these figure blind bags, which were tempting, but knowing my luck I'd get the Governor or zombies. Once again, no Carol. There is a Sophia though. That's just mean!

I may or may not have drooled embarrassingly over this giant Gipsy Danger.


I was surprised to see Beatrix Girls fashion packs.

Looks like they're all pajamas?

There were also new dolls, which came with their instruments.

I kind is want to like these dolls, but I find their bodies tremendously flimsy and rather disappointing.

The little toddler princess dolls apparently now include Anna and Elsa! Tiana here is so cute!

The Moxie Girlz now have a whole archery line. Three different dolls, each with a "working" bow and trophy, and a different target.

Speaking of the Moxie's, I've been meaning to bring up this cool horse and carriage set.

No articulation that I noticed on the horse, but that is one sweet carriage. If it had been big enough for my other dolls, I'd probably have bought it.

Monster High had this wacky new offering: a styling head. The presentation is pure mad science, and the accessories  are a mix of several characters. Earrings, ears(!), and more are just waiting to make Frankie Stein's disembodied head under glass a horribly haute mutant. Way to take that bland styling head concept and make something offbeat, Mattel.

7 comments:

  1. All we got down here is Walking Dead calenders. No toys AT ALL.

    Oh, there is an Andrea plushie in the toy grabber at the theater. I've been trying to get it so I can burn it in effigy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it makes you feel better, I saw most of this stuff at Toys R Us. That said, Walgreens and our Walmart have been stocking the Funko Pop! figures and the McFarlane action figures intermittently. Carol, btw, has been pushed back to Dec. 30th from what I've heard. BOOO!

      Delete
  2. Moxies with arrows have been around here for a while, but I've never seen the carriage at all! Very nice, and a change from everybody's compact cars.

    If we all dressed like fashion dolls, pink leopard would be mandatory this winter. I may crack and buy the Lovely Patsy leopard outfits at Family Dollar's Thanksgiving Day two-for-one sale. Do we know who else Beatrix Girls clothing fits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved that carriage and was so sad that it looked too small for my Disney Princess and custom dolls. I've only ever seen the one, and it was at a Ross discount store.

      Pink leopard print really does seem to be everywhere! Beatrix Girls clothes (at least the dress for the one I have) are a really odd size. Really pronounced hourglass figures. Definitely too big for Monster High, but probably too small for Moxie Girlz.

      Delete
  3. Uh-oh... mini Anna and Elsa... *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I dug through all they had looking for the Arendelle sisters. Looks like they're the first to sell out, though. (Of course)

      Delete
    2. Hey, it took me a full year to get the Disney Store's first editions... I'm patient. Ish.

      Delete