Friday, October 17, 2014

Quickie: Exquisite Frozen Collectables

Incredibly awesome Frozen stuff has been popping up on the Disney Store site! 




These mini busts are up on DisneyStore.com for $74.95 each (before shipping), but they're already sold out! These incredible figures are stone resin and approximately 7 1/4'' tall. I'm astounded at both the detail and how much of the characters' personalities are shown in these figures! 

The "Princess Shoe" ornaments expanded this year to include both Elsa and Anna. Elsa's signature slipper is faithfully reproduced instead of the "inspired by" designs that most of the other princess shoes go for. Yet another item that's sold out, these sparkly pumps were $23.95 (again, before shipping) when they were in stock. I notice that there are lots of complaints about these ornaments arriving broken, however.

Anna's shoe ornament is still in stock for the moment. This resin pump is approximately 3 1/4" tall, and features designs inspired by Anna's dress that she wore to Elsa's coronation. A line of sparkly green gems trails along the sole. I would bet that these ornaments will also be sold out close to Christmas, so if you're interested, better act FAST!

4 comments:

  1. Those mini-busts look nicely made! I'm not even a particular fan of Frozen, but I'd still be impressed enough to give them a second look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very impressed, I find myself wondering/hoping that there will be mini busts of other Disney characters soon at this quality level.

      Delete
  2. I like the design sculpture of the busts but their cut off point looks so awkward to me. I guess I'm used to busts being chest upward. Seeing their hips cut like that is weirding me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some anime busts that are done similarly, so that doesn't bother me as much as the weird base for Anna's. Elsa has the mountain, but Anna has a tree that looks like it's dripping. Eeeee..

      Delete