Saturday, August 9, 2014

Quickie: Thrift Shop Frankie

Just another quickie but next time it's a real post, promise! (I got two of the new Inner Monster dolls and I'm having a ball with them!) First though, I found this familiar-looking gal in a bin of Bratz dolls at a thrift/antique store today:


I've never seen a MH doll at one of these places who had this much of her outfit before. So naturally, I had to buy her!

Her face even looks pretty good, save for the faint blue stain above her left eyebrow.

She's even got her belt, bracelet, and HANDS?! Her hips are black elastic instead of plastic, which is a bit disappointing.

A quick brush of her hair and she almost looks brand new! No idea if I'll keep her or see if I can trade her for a different doll yet.. or maybe just customize her. I figured her shoes alone were worth $5 as a worst-case scenario, though.


4 comments:

  1. sounds like she might be an original Frankie, but I'm not sure if last year's rereleases had the elastic legs or not. if she is an original then you got a pretty good deal indeed.

    do you have any of the regular create-a-monster sets? I've been wondering if the inner monsters are compatable with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that the original run of dolls had white elastic on the hips (that's what I thought I remembered with my original Draculaura, at least), but geez it'll be weird if it is an original.

      I do have some regular CAM's, actually! I need to try some of their accessories on these girls! I don't think the wigs will work without some modifications, though.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've been a fan for quite a while,but I don't think I've commented here...
    You just found treasure! It is a 1st release frankie! at first I thought it was ghouls alive,but then it had a necktie,so Im prettie sure shes first edition, I think you should keep her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Glad to meet you, Ampy! I've been told on the Monster High Arena doll forum that the black elastic on this Frankie probably means she's a re-release from Black Friday a couple of years ago. Not quite as amazing as a first release, but still a bargain.

      I'm not sure what I'll do with her, ha ha!

      Delete