Saturday, July 19, 2014

New Deluxe Disney Singing Dolls

I happened on DisneyStore.com this evening, and spotted these gorgeous new 11" singing princess dolls for $30 each. Check them out! (pics via DisneyStore.com, naturally)

Aurora has a whole forest full of little animal friends to keep her company. The scale on poor Owl there is hilarious, though.. not in the least because it implies Prince Phillip is a former member of Snow White's seven dwarves! As you can probably imagine from her owl friend, she sings Once Upon a Dream.

Merida's got a nice array of weapons, including her signature bow, a target full of arrows, a hand axe and a small flail. Her three transformed brothers look like they make a table or something. I really like this version of Merida's tournament dress, it's got so much less glitter! Merida is NOT a glittery princess, she's a battle-axe one. This set gets that right. Instead of singing, she recites lines from the film.

Rapunzel is wearing a decently movie-accurate version of her film dress. She comes with Pascal, modeling the latest in mini-me fashion, a guitar, a small chest that opens, and an easel with palette. She sings When Will My Life Begin? and you can make her painting appear with cold water.


THIS. DOLL.

Oh my gosh, I have wanted a doll version of Tiana in this gorgeous dress since seeing The Princess and the Frog. I mean, look at her! Tiana comes with a gorgeous dress and matching shoes, her restaurant flyer, a serving fork and wooden spoon, colander, kissy-faced Frog-Naveen, and a gumbo pot. It's a little hard to see in the pic, but she has a white feather in her hair, too. Tiana sings Almost There, and apparently you can "magically" stir her gumbo pot. Not sure how that works.

Of all these dolls, I really want this one. Oh my gosh.

5 comments:

  1. Sleeping Beauty is the only one of these whose movie I've seen and I was a wee little kid. This was way back before videos existed and Disney would rerelease their movies in the theaters so I saw it in the 70's. I think this is the only one I would want for sentimental purposes. With all her friend it's exactly like having a scene from the movie. That's one of my favorite songs too and I still sing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing re-releases of The Aristocats and Bambi as a kid in the 80s, it was so weird to realize later that those were not new films at the time! I love that they're moving the Disney Store dolls away from "glitter-vapid" and into more quality-oriented, play-centric items that are truer to the characters. Honestly, I'd love to have all of these gals, but the price point is a little high to be a completionist for them imo.

      Delete
  2. Oh, loved that dress. Especially the gold straps. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree tiana looks AMAZING! Her accessories are great, especially that pot and naveen, lol his face cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete