Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Embarrassment of Thrifted Riches (Again!)

The ladies at the thrift shop sure know me, what can I say? Twice now in the past week, I've ducked in and been recognized as the "lady who buys Barbie stuff". I think I'm going to have to have business cards made.

This has resulted in several things, the nicest of which is being approached about buying stuff that's not out on the sales floor yet, like in this haul! Due to the return of "fill a bag for $1", this haul only cost me $1!!

Pants of varying 80's stylings. 

Shorts of many colors. 

Skirts!

Winter-wear! 

Coats!

And a few oddball pieces. 


 I also paid an additional dollar for a bag of "Barbie Shoes"... which ended up being only singles. I have no idea what to do with these shoes now. What CAN you do with single Barbie shoes? I hate to throw them away...

I've been hit up for another lot since taking these pics, which I bought but haven't photographed yet. Clearly, I'm paying a premium whenever I buy stuff that's packaged in containers like the "$10" lot I got awhile back. Some of the more goofy stuff is probably going back to the store soon on the backs of donated dolls (Poor dollies, they stand a better chance of being adopted if they're dressed, anyway!), but for the price, I'm pretty happy with what I got. Heck, the fabulous cape was worth the price of admission for me!

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great find! So many cute little skirts!!! XD I can't wait to see the next lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you won't believe what I got for $5, Heather! I'm still taking pictures of it all! Or at least, the stuff I'm probably keeping. There's so much of this stuff that I can't do anything with, but I don't want to get fussy about picking through it all when they're charging next to nothing for it!

      Delete
  2. That's an obscenely great price for all this cool stuff! I like the winter coat for some reason. Too bad about the shoes, but try to find pairs with the same sole design, cut the uppers, repaint the soles in the same colour and use them as premades for making easy new shoes. People do that often and the shoes turn out nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's a cool idea for the shoes, BlackKitty! I think most of them are pretty different, but I'll definitely have to sort through them again to check for similar pairs!

      Delete
  3. My thought was for someone to make a webpage for single Barbie shoes; people can post what they have and see if someone else has a match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been doing some backreading on your blog and enjoying it so far. Don't throw away the shoes! If you're crafty enough, you can probably make a shoe rack for them and display them like in a shoe boutique. Or if you thrift again, you might find their pair, who knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to get more active on here again in the coming months! Great idea on the shoe boutique!

      Delete