Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy (belated) Star Wars Day!

I bought a Queen Amidala battle dress second hand awhile back on a whim, and discovered it looks amazing on pretty much everyone. (Elsa rocks it with Anna's signature boots last update) It looks really fun on Rapunzel, though. Well obviously if Rapunzel was going to have a fun Star Wars outfit, Eugene was going to have to have one as well!

I found a very reasonably priced Qui-Gon on eBay, who even came with his lightsaber! Qui-Gon arrived today, and he's pretty neat. I kinda feel bad for the guy, considering Eugene bopped him with Rapunzel's frying pan and stole his stuff.

Although it appears Rapunzel's considering returning the favor, doesn't it? 1/6 scale R2 is one of my favorite "antique" store finds, and is actually the last thing I bought from one of my favorite (now sadly defunct) shops. I think this is the Dagobah version of R2, as he is painted to be filthy. I have a small collection of R2 stuff, and this little guy is one of my favorite pieces.

Qui-Gon is actually a larger doll than the one I used for Eugene's replacement body, so the already largeish Jedi robes look downright voluminous on poor Eugene. He doesn't seem to care, though. What a trooper!

8 comments:

  1. I still say Punzie needs her own lightsaber. Preferably a pinkish lavender one, or at least a Mace Windu one. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mace came with a blue one, I think? I don't think Rapunzel could be any deadlier with a lightsaber than she is with that frying pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? In the movie Mace's saber was freaking Blade-purple. Mostly why I wanted one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw his doll on ebay, and it looks like either he got ripped off in the lightsaber department or they were just too lazy to make a purple blade.

      Delete
  4. May the 4th be with you! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never even heard of Star Wars Day until I was looking at Big Bang Theory last week. I thought it was something they made up on the show. I didn't know it was real! Happy belated, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where it got started, but it's been around for a few years, at least. I think the first time I'd heard of it was Disney poking fun at it on their facebook page a year or two ago, lol!

      Delete