Saturday, May 17, 2014

$10 Worth of "Barbie Stuff", pt 2 (disaster)

Right, so previously, I bought $10 of assorted "Barbie Stuff" from the thrift store here in town. What's left isn't a huge amount, and honestly I don't think most of it is even Barbie.

I think that shirt in the lower right is from a Bratz mini doll, and I'm not sure about the rest of it. I'd really hoped that the purple satiny top by the Bratz mini shirt would fit MH, but it's just not *quite* big enough. There's a couple of Kelly/Chelsea/whatever the youngest Barbie sister's name is dresses, a Bratz top with a cat on it, a pair of Barbie shorts, and a horse blanket. I'm not sure what the rest of this stuff came from, but none of it that I've tried will fit MH/EAH.

There was also a handful of miscellaneous props, including the Genie's lamp from Aladdin.

And a bunch of Barbie-size hangers. Personally, I never had much luck trying to hang Barbie's clothes on these things. They're just too flimsy.

So, other than a couple of pieces of Polly Pocket Disney stuff, that's pretty much it for the $10 finds. I really wanted to show some of the cute stuff that was in this lot off, so here's a couple of pics of a few dolls.

Style Raquelle liked this pet-themed Barbie top and a pair of white capris.

Elsa wanted to try on this Spring-y rose-themed dress, even though it's a little big in the bodice for her.

Rapunzel claimed this green dress, and looks ridiculously stinking adorable in it. 

Anna got rather daring with this low-cut mini dress, and her sister made her wear a jacket with it.

Dreamhouse Raquelle (these girls need different names!) grabbed a top with blue roses on it.

And then disaster struck! Anna was knocked to the floor and suffered a broken arm! I'm trying to figure out a way to salvage the joint, but for now, Anna is in dolly ICU.


The perpetrator doesn't even have the decency to look ashamed of himself, but has been repeatedly told that he is a BAD, BAD CAT. I'll have more pics (with or without Anna) soon.

In other kitty news, the rebodied Catwalk Kitty fakies are settling in.

And they've even made friends with the cat-monster who isn't a force of destruction and mayhem!

6 comments:

  1. Bad Finn!! Bad kitty!!

    The Disney princess do look ridiculously good in their chosen outfits, even if some tailoring is required. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it shouldn't be too difficult.

      Delete
  2. Poor Anna! That's what happens when you dress provocative! Cats come over and knock you down. Happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's what they mean by "inviting cat calls"? TIL!

      Delete
  3. I think the urn by the lamp is from one of Meg's fashion packs!!!!! WOW!!!! I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then again maybe not. Upon closer inspection I saw that it's a championship cup. Never mind!

      Delete