Saturday, December 28, 2013

Liv Sophie and Purse set

I found this set at Steele's back before Christmas, and never got around to reviewing it until now. You've actually seen the scarf and hat from this set on Eugene and Rapunzel back during the snow day photos. I hadn't seen this set before, so I was very surprised to see a "new to me" Liv item!
Weirdly enough, the box is not a uniform size. The back has an indent behind the purse.
Here's everything in the box, still in the box. I'm immediately drawn to the awesome little glasses.
And here's everything out of the box! It's a little hard to tell, so you'll just have to take my word for the fact that the child-size purse is painted up almost exactly like the doll's purse. The doll herself is the standard early-version Liv body. The wig seems to be the typical Liv quality.
Sophie's feet come wrapped in plastic, but I'm not sure that the shoes actually drop dye. I've unwrapped them, and so far they don't seem to be picking up dye from the shoes.
The shoes are cute. The jeans are a disappointment. There's already a seam coming loose on them. And the material feels cheap and almost papery.

The cute pattern on the jeans doesn't exactly match the purses, but it's similar enough that you'd believe it's an outfit that a young woman put together with similar design elements. 
The shirt is also kind of disappointing. The plastic staples that held her scarf in place also left big holes in it. I just realized I didn't take pics of the coat, but it's probably the best made piece in the set. (Whoops)

The sleeves are 3/4 length, and it has a combination of high waist and double-breasted look closure.

Another view.
Here's a view of the inside of the jacket.
And the back. This coat is pretty cool, but will only look its best with a long-sleeved shirt. With short sleeves, it looks sort of undersized.



2 comments:

  1. The clothes don't look too bad, at worst you could undo them to copy the pattern, the shoes are nice and you got a decent wig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! The shirt and coat are really nice, even if the jeans are a let-down. I definitely can't complain about what I got for the money spent. I find myself really missing the Liv fashion packs and wigs, they were so awesome.

      Delete