Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shameless Flirt

Well, I've run out of donor bodies to experiment on, so we're diving straight in with my full-body repaint.

This go 'round the method lineup is as follows: sanding, wipe down with acetone, panic upon noticing the acetone is eating through part of the plastic and immerse in water, sand off acetone-shiny spots and smooth eaten spots the next day, and we're going with a light dusting of primer, followed by a once-over with white paint pens around the joints, then a few very light coats of Krylon. We'll see how that goes.

My budget is not allowing for more $10/can spray paint, or I'd have nabbed a can of the paint for vinyl/plastic from the auto parts store. (Woe!)

Meanwhile, Nii is playing dress-up with my existing MH wardrobe. She is very disappointed in the lack of purple choices, but she's soldiering on regardless.

She looks like a barely-appropriate substitute teacher.

Nii, that is NOT what I had in mind when I purchased that desk.

2 comments:

  1. Purr:

    ....
    The whole classroom setting... I suddenly have this mental image of another of Emmett's dreams... and there's Presto being wildly inappropriate... meanwhile it's a dream Presto and the real Presto is just standing back watching and laughing maniacally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds way too perfect. Emmett's bound to have dreams like that every night!

      Delete