Saturday, March 9, 2013

Discount Unova

I had an 'aha' moment at the thrift store the other day. I really need to cut down on my trips there, unless I start taking some stuff to donate. The house is getting more cluttered by the day!

I spotted something that looked like a pokeball in a basket of newly-donated toys... and realized that I was looking at the Unova Playset! The set is complete, except for the two 3" figures. I was sort of amazed, all the ferris wheel parts were there, the missile-firing station has its' missle, everything seemed to work, the stickers were even in pristine condition. I stood there for a long time, staring at it. Did I dare get it? And if I did, what in the world could I use it for?

I decided that it could be a cool thing to display my smaller victini figures and plush on, and $1.09 later, it was mine! 

Right now, Finn is forcing his nose into every nook and cranny on it, sniffing for information on what this new thing is. He just pushed his snout hard enough into one of the ferris wheel carriages to make it move, and scared himself!

Now I'm not sure where to put it. My victinis are (almost) all stationed in the largest cubby of the living room bookshelf, and the large plush can only fit there. Maybe I'll move them to the second-biggest cubbies, but they'll be a LOT higher up and a LOT less visible up there. For now, it's waiting on top of my computer desk, guarded by my custom Shard figure. He has no clue that this new world is not his.

No comments:

Post a Comment